Ibanez SR5000 any recommandations

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by donny, Dec 21, 2003.

1. donny

Dec 21, 2003
    Hey yall,

I'm thinking of buying my second bass and came across a beautiful Ibanez SR5000 neck-thru maple colored model. I wanna ask any out there who have experience with the higher end ibanez models, SR1200+, for any comments about this model. What was oustanding about this model is the unique bridge the bass had. If I'm not wrong its called a 'fortress' bridge. Oh yah, and whats the street price for the SR5000 for comparison. Thanks.

And one more thing. The shop also had a Fender American Deluxe Zone which also caught my eye, but was way MORE expensive than the ibanez model. But what I didn't understand was how the American Deluxe Zone be priced so high and its not even neck-thru, since my friend told me that neck-thru models are hailed to be 'the best'. Or is the Fender American Deluxe Zone hailed as 'the best'? why?

Thanks again
  2. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    I had a 1010 that looked nice and was comfortable, but the sound was never there. Both the pickups and the electronics weren't as good as the instrument. I played a higher end SR that had stock Bartolini soapbars and a Bart 3 band EQ and it sounded much better. So my recommendation would be to try it first or look for one that's loaded with Barts from the factory. If the sound is what you want, you should be fine.