1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR655 neck pickup humming

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SilkyPocket, Aug 5, 2019.

1. I have an Ibanez SR655 with Nordstrand CND pickups in a Reverse P/J configuration.
    Over the last several months I have noticed a relatively significant hum when balancing the pups at 50-50 or soloing the neck pickup.
    The noise goes away when soloing the bridge pickup. This seems very odd because most humming issues I hear about on forums is associated with single coils and not split coils. And as far as I can tell this isn't a grounding issue.

Most of the time I can ignore the problem when playing at volume as it fades into the mix. However, when things are more quiet or in a recording situation the noise seems more prominent.
    Also, we played a gig earlier this year and the hum became so bad under all circumstances that I had to adjust my EQs to the point of a muddy mess just to mitigate the buzz.
    I'm not sure if that situation was more due to dirty power, or extra RF interference from alot of lights and TVs throughout the bar around the stage. Luckily that seemed to only happen at the one show.

In any case, any and all advice would be very helpful and much appreciated.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020