1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Iced Earth

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Nov 25, 2005.

1. I can't stop listening to these guys. I've had The Dark Saga playing for like 3 days straight now. Anyone else dig them?

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I'm not a huge fan but I like them. Simple, catchy tight metal with good melodic vocals. If you like Iced Earth you should check out a band called Demons and Wizards. Its John Schafer (guitarist/main songwriter of IE) and Hansi Kirsch of Blind Guardian. It sounds like IE with a more epic, operatic vocal style.

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    They were ok with Barlow on vocals, they had a unique sound back then. Now they just sound like a bad Judas Priest impression.

And I don't like their stage-act either.

4. I do. I like Night Of The Stormrider best. I'm also a fan of Demons & Wizards (and Blind Guardian for that matter). If you like
    Iced Earth, check out Demons & Wizards first...and if you like D&W, then check out Blind Guardian. I think they are all great bands and they put out some of the better music of the 90s (with the exception of D&W...that project formed in the 2000s) that no one knew about (along with Death, Atheist, and Carcass).

5. Earthday

Earthday

Sep 22, 2005
    New Hampshire
    I was really into Iced Earth when I first got into metal. Now most of their material is pretty uninteresting to me. I'll still listen to Dante's Inferno, A Question of Heaven, Dracula, Stormrider, and all the goodies here and there though.

6. I love their old cds, like burnt offerings and something wicked this way comes, but after I got their last one (can't even recall the tittle) I was very dissapointed... They just ruined the vocals, and changed their style... Too bad, they were my favourite :crying:

7. Thanks for throwin some names out there (you too Tash). I'll check them out.