1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ID origin of this Squier P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heb9_28, Feb 11, 2013.

1. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hey, I've got a line on a Squier P for a good price. I'll be talking to the guy tomorrow but so far these are the only pics I've seen. Too blurry to make out the "Made In ....." Doing a google image search has not helped find one of this color body or the look of this HS. I can't find any with black lettering outlined in silver (or gold, hard to tell in the lighting)???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

SquierHS_zps9fa74c2b.

SquierP2_zps61cf5849.

2. Nice beater, the stickers are surprisingly cool on this one

3. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Thanks. Yeah I think I'll be taking the stickers off but I agree, they do seem to work on this bass.

Also I can tell it is missing it's knobs. One pot appears to be completely gone and the other seems to be missing the knob?

Anyways. Supposedly the neck is good, electronics work, tuners are good. (How the electronics work with a missing pot I have no idea?) But I will report after hearing from the seller.

Right now my thoughts are either MIK or MIJ. MIJ would be amazing, but unlikely.

Again the body color and the Squier logo being black outlined in silver or gold are pretty odd to me so far.

4. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    I'm watching this thread... this could be one of those early Japanese Squiers that have become a bit "legendary"... I hope so!

5. shaginwagin

shaginwagin

Apr 2, 2012
    Arizona
    Man that thing is sick! I wouldn't change a thing!

6. Man that bass is cool and although I hate sticker'ing up my basses anymore it does add some cool character. I believe that Squier is a made in Korea or Japan model.

7. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Looks like a Korean model from the headstock picks of the decals.

8. I used to have the same Bouncing Souls sticker on one of my basses lol

9. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Looks like it may be a MIM model.

10. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    After doing some more looking I'm thinking maybe MIM. The SN looks like it starts with "M" and I read I think the Mexican Squiers start with MV or MZ or something...

The guy is supposed to give me a call today. I'll keep posted.