Ida Nielsen’s Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lakelady508, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Lakelady508

Lakelady508

Jul 19, 2020
    When Ida is not playing her signature Sandburg Bass I have also seen her playing a Fender Jazz Bass
    Does anyone know what model she is playing?

2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    I could be wrong but I’ve never really seen her with a fender jazz bass. She usually plays her signature Sandberg which is black .
    Her white relic Pbass is also. Sandberg. It has an additional Musicman Style humbucker in the bridge position .

I’ve also seen her play her Ibanez 5 string.

3. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    By the way .... welcome to the forum . I always get excited to see other female bass players join our forum .

4. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Is this the bass you were asking about ?

5. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Or maybe you meant this one? I stand corrected. I don’t think she has used this one in a while.

It does appear to be a Fender Jazz of some sort. Perhaps a 70’s reissue or original . I see binding and blocks but can’t get a real good look.

TakeABreak, garp and Lakelady508 like this.
  6. Lakelady508

Lakelady508

Jul 19, 2020
    Yes!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  7. Lakelady508

Lakelady508

Jul 19, 2020
    Yes,that’s it!

8. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Looks like she has another bass now or maybe this was a loaner. Looks very similar to my USA Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass.

This and the other jazz bass could possibly be Sanbergs. I can’t get a good look at the headstock shapes to be 100% sure one way or the other .

9. Lakelady508

Lakelady508

Jul 19, 2020
    I really appreciate your feedback

10. Lakelady508

Lakelady508

Jul 19, 2020
    Thanks DW!

11. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Looks like she ditched the Ibanez for a Yamaha 5.
    Great link. Thanks .

Lakelady508 likes this.
  12. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    +1. I owned a CIJ 75RI at one point that looked very similar to what she's playing here.

idanielsenfender.jpg

13. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Ida's grooves are rock-solid...not surprised one bit that Prince recruited her.

14. MotorCityMinion

MotorCityMinion

Jun 15, 2017
    This is a family friendly forum, please use restraint.

Lakelady508 likes this.
  15. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    A few months back .

Lakelady508 likes this.
  16. ShadowGroover

ShadowGroover

Aug 16, 2020
    Fender Jazz 4. No magic in the bass. Just the musician

lowdownthump and Lakelady508 like this.
  17. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The bass in the "Rock The Bass Pleins Feux Festival" is just a Standard Jazz and since it has dots it's recent.

lowdownthump and Lakelady508 like this.
  18. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    There is something magic in those jazz basses.. Just takes good musician yo bring it out.. Fender and Acoustic cc amps are magic.. I want a jazz.. But I always end up with a p with jazz neck.. Seems good to go.. I'd just go try a vm sq jazz and see how you like it.. But hers are prolly vintage standard or custom shop basses that were given to her by prince.. And prolly play like butter.. Vintage instruments are the sum of their flaws.. Yep

Lakelady508 likes this.
  19. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    This looks like a 70’s jazz bass, probably circa '75. It’s a little difficult to tell, as the video is quite dark, but looks like it’s got the bullet truss rod adjustment and the older style logo. This was changed in 1976 to include the serial number, and the style and size of the type was changed. The bullet truss rod was introduced to the Jazz in 1974, so I would put it somewhere between those two dates.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Lakelady508 likes this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021