1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

IEM

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Denny Coon, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Denny Coon

Denny Coon

Jan 10, 2010
    Ohio
    I'm sure this has been covered but I cant find it...Are there any earbuds that can be used with a Shure in ear system? meaning does anyone use like Bose or any other type of buds instead of having to purchase high priced dual driver buds? Is this even optional, practical, stupid etc? Thanks in advance for not treating me like its a retarded question!!

2. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Most any bud can be used with most any pack. An exception would be unusually inefficient buds couple with an unusually low gain (or low output swing) pack. I've not yet heard of any such problem.

3. ThirstyMonkey

ThirstyMonkey

Jun 27, 2011
    The Shure bodypack has a 1/8 stereo output jack, so it will work with pretty much every earbud on the market today. So you'll have plenty of options. Try to find a brand that has good low end (that usually requires at least two drivers) and fits comfortably in your ear. A good fit will help with isolation and improve fidelity. As for specific recomendations, UE's TripleFi 10s get a lot of love around here. They are also pretty popular over at the headfi.org forums.

4. Bakkster_Man

Bakkster_Man

Jan 15, 2006
    I'm a big fan of my Etymotic MC5s since they don't have a boost in the low frequencies. But yes, any earbuds you like the sound of should work just fine for IEMs.