I'm getting an Ampeg but...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Psyrcle, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

I don't know what model. He said he paid $600 5 years ago. He won't be back in town for a while any idea which model it is? What kind of head do I need for it?
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Your buying something and you don't know what it is????

Crickey. I nominate this for post of the week.
  3. complete that thought and get back to us. thang-Q!
  4. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    If I tried to sell this person something else but didn't tell them what it was, would I be violating the "No posting for sale ads" rule?
  5. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Yeah, its an Ampeg 1MA61NE. You dont need a head, its a combo.

Hope you enjoy it.
  6. That's mean... you sure its not that ampeg 5U-CK3R Combo?
  7. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    You'll need atleast 15,000 watts to power that bad boy. Sure, $600 was a great deal for the Ampeg you got, but the power requirements make it not so great of a deal. Sorry man!
  8. all he needs to do is plug the jack of his bass into the wall socket, then one out of the socket into the cab, it'll be fine

*please, for the love of god dont actually attempt this*
  9. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

You misunderstand. He is GOING to sell it to me. I have put ZERO dollars down. I will look at it WHEN HE GETS BACK. Until then I was wondering if there was any input you elite could offer. I know it needs a head. It is NOT A COMBO.
  10. Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
  11. philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Thanks for clarification. You got to admit it was a funny first post without knowing the background. You can't blame everyone else for a poor paragraph! :D

I'd power it with a Yorkville XS800 if you want low growly tube tone and power.

Want bright? GK1001.

Rack? Sansamp RBI and Steward World 2.1

I'm still giggling about your first post! :D
  12. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Wow, man. Chill out.
  13. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Umm....you still have told us nothing that would enable us "elite bungholes" to identify what cab you are talking about....(beavis voice on.....) hehehehehehe DUMBASS....(beavis voice off)
  14. How could anyone not misunderstand that?

First, ampeg sells several lines of cabinets...

Second, $600 at a local store buys a lot less than $600 in musicians friend... which means it could be anything.

Third, how do you expect us to know what head to put with a 5 year old mystery $600 ampeg cabinet? = total waste of time.

This was truly a stupid post, don't bother replying.

Good luck with your uninformed nonsense purchase.
  15. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    OK..I say for cursing, and threatening toasted, Psyrcle gets a two day vacation. Anyone else want in the pool?
  16. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Maybe after you buy the mystery product, you can get the guy to induct you into the pen-15 club.
  17. I'm in with that Cheez.... Hell, Ampeg has discontinued cabs that could fall into that category. How the heck would we know? Can't you contact this seller at all whilst he is away?!?

No offense, but we were all just joking around. Lighten up, or thicken the skin.
  18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Hey Mon, I need you to say something else witty pretty soon. My sig is getting a little outdated since Nick has been gone. I need a new one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.