Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm getting evicted!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    So I moved to San Francisco less than three months ago. I haven't had a lot of luck with roommates here, and now to add to the mess - I am getting kicked out!

All of us are. Tiffany (the lead tenent who was buying the house) lost her lease. We are guessing she's known about this for a while. She dropped the bomb on us today that we had to move out in 18 days. Ugh.... after I just gave her two months notice that I was looking for another place just last week. I even passed up a GREAT place to live because I was going to honor my word with Tiffany. Wonderful. 18 days to find a place to live in the most expensive place in the country. Lovely.

Anybody in the bay area need a bassplayer roommate?

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Can't jump at that other place you passed up, can you?
    Best of luck, man.
    If those ZVex and Boogies, and hell, even the Warr, need a temporary home, you know where to call. :D

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Check your local laws, 18 days probably isn't long enough notice.

4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Wow, that really, really sucks...

as soon as i saw this thread I was like

"Bass playin must be too loud" or something to do with loud music.

Make a friend really fast! A friend named Tammy, with a big bed that enjoys YOU, Pillowfights, and having S*X on the beach... :smug:

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Something tells me his name isn't on the lease. If that's the case, local laws haven't got anything to do with it.

6. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    True. Then trash the place before you leave. :D

7. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i fell out of my chair literally when i read this

8. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Nope, none of us are on the lease except the lead tenent. She's already packed everything up, and we're thinking that she's going to bail out from underneath us. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I will throw the party of the year at the house on my last day there and demolish the place. Perhaps I could get Snoop Dogg and Will Farrell to come...

9. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Can I come? I would love to see Will Farrell and Snoop Dogg interact.

10. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    When I lived in Maryland that didn't matter. I tried to throw out a guy whom I had let crash at my place for a couple months, and the local law informed me that regardless of him not being on the lease, I had to give him 30 days in writing.

Boo. Hiss. But maybe triaxis could have a law in CA of a similar nature on his side.

11. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah!! TB get together/destroy my house party this month!! :D

12. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Can you do it during Thanksgiving week? I can bring some er..."stuff" from HSU while I'm down for the week off. :D

13. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    sweet.

14. you should definatly trash the place. Its fun. A few people i know in Philadelphia were in the same situtation and they wrecked the place. They had fixed it up really nice too.

15. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    WOOHOO! PARTY!
    ::insert Andrew WK's "Party Hard" here::

I'm there, B! I WILL fly out for that party! SWEET! :D

16. Hey, I know someone who needs a roommate at the end of the month! Give me a call. If you don't have my phone number anymore, e-mail me.

East Bay, Temescal area of Oakland right off of Telegraph and 51st street ( near the 24 ). $550 a month for a room and kitchen/bath usage ( of course ). Utilities paid, I think.

The person with the room to rent is one of my best friends and a great bassist. She's a she but is open to having a male room-mate, I don't think there's any problem there. She's had male room-mates before.

- Dave