Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'm losing my mind.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by astronauts_suck, Jan 19, 2006.

1. I think I'm going crazy. Seriously. I'm startin to think that reality isn't real anymore...
    So um, you think it's just paranoia or somethin serious?

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    This really isn't the place to ask for advice on that, unless you think we are all nuts.:) But I don't know what your age is, but I'm guessing your in the range that a couple of things could expose themselves.
    Don't be affraid to see a doctor, you can see your normal doc frist. They may be able to handle it if it is something, or they will reffer you. Don't be scared to have it checked out, better it be just stress, or you may need some meds, but if your serious and you don't do something you could end up in a hospital for a while and nobody wants that.

Feel free to PM me, I have some backgroud, if you are concered and need more questions answered.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    We need more information.

If you can't tell us why, the default answer is yes.

4. No. You're right. I don't think reality is real. At least, not the way we think it is. I think our universe exists in a constructed domain created as a manifestation of the fundamental equations that define the universe. At least, that's the only way I can explain to myself why the universe functions with such mathematical precision and beauty. These equations seem very deliberate to me. The formation of protons, atoms, molocules, planets, solar systems, and galaxies was the desired result. Maybe life was just a bonus. Maybe not. We can't know for sure.

I think the real universe is unknowable but is likely totally beyond our understanding or comprehension. In fact, if you knew the real answer, your brain would explode.

- Dave

5. I suppose that the answer is in fact yes, because I can't explain why...

6. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Can you tell me if your life has been stessful latley?

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You need to join Morpheus and Trinity

8. See its like this, when you first pick up the bass You're mind will start to fade, When you pick up the second bass You're mind will fade even more. But you're last bass will make you go crazy for coco puffs :p

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    If this is about a girl...:scowl:

10. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    First sign of a crazy person:

They never think they're crazy. They think they're just like everyone else.

11. how old are you? are you in between the ages of 13-20? then you probably are losing your mind...

12. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    My wife is a psychiatric social worker at an inpatient hospital, and while I'm not sure it's the first sign...I agree it's there...You don't sound delusional or paranoid.

So not knowing anything, I'm wagering no on "crazy". But you probably would benefit in talking to a trained professional...+1 on everything AxtoOx said.

Marshall

13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Get off the drugs man!

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Take the Blue Pill!!

No wait, was it the Red Pill...? :eek:

Well there you go, that explains it!! ;)

15. I know a shrink on the Northshore if you think it'll get to that.

Mike

16. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Could be triggered by stress I think

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I took the plaid pill. :(

18. Not bout a girl, not much stress really. I've just noticed that I've been going through these brief periods where I don't feel like I'm actually here in, as you say, reality. I can't tell what's going on very well, and I can't really find a way to explain it really. But whatver it is, it's definetly makeing me more and more confused about my current state of mind.....

19. Get professional help and stop looking for clinical advice on the 'off-topic' section of a bass message board.

20. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I have had that experience many times and it took me a while to discover that it was down to being totally dehydrated!! You could try drinking a lot of water and seeing if that makes it go away...?:eyebrow: