1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Indie IRK " RIKI " Copy ---- Very Cool

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NorCal Dog, Mar 19, 2009.

1. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    has any TBers seen these ?

i stopped in tonight at my local guitar shop ( Bananas ) & went to the bass area & this red Ric copy was hanging on the hook

http://www.bananasmusic.com/productdetail.asp/pid_13784/productname_Indie-IRK-

it was SWEET

altho i'm not a Ric player,, this copy was very nicely set up,, nice straight neck, nice simple fenderish bridge & sealed tuners,, & it was LIGHT, i'd say 8lbs

i didn't have time to plug it in, but it felt like it was a quality bass

who else has seen these ?

they said that they're Korean made & assembled with Canadian components

edit; i believe that they said it was a licensed ric copy,, but then again, i could be wrong on that

2. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    Licensed Ric copy? From what I've heard they do what they can to stop this kind of thing. Also, if it were licensed the headstock wouldn't be all weird like that.
    That headstock is lame, and completely turns me off.

3. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    In before Rick owners (not all, mind you) come in and clamor about this bass.

$600 for this bass? Price is appropriate. How much is the Schecter Stargazer though?

4. NorCal Dog

NorCal Dog

Nov 28, 2005
    415/707
    Google is your friend :D

5. Looks like it's got an Ibanez headstock. I'm surprised they can sell these from the way Rickenbacker clamps down on copies.

6. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    $700...eh, I'd take the Schecter. At least I know the brand Schecters from what I have experienced are well built.

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    The best Rik copies that I ever saw were the ones made by Sandberg ... Sandberg makes very high quality instruments.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

How long before Rick clamps down on this one?

9. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Considering it's got a very different headstock and many other differences from an actual 4000 series, not to mention they call it a "Rikki inspired" (they were careful not to say Ric or Rickenbacker or copy),.......
    Maybe never.

Is the Ric body style copywrited?

10. spiritos2205

spiritos2205

Dec 30, 2011
    I just want to say that I got my IRK the other day and tried it with my band tonight and that I'm completely under the charm. :hyper:

BECAUSE I also compared (plugged) a genuine Rick (my friend has one) and an IRK and can honestly say they're THE SAME THING (comfort! sound! attitude!), except that IRK is three times cheaper. :spit:

The other guy on this forum who says IRK has a "lame head" has a lamer argument! :D

:bassist:

11. And I can't view it. :eyebrow:

12. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    Looks like this:

[​IMG]

I can't view it either, they've probably removed the listing. Is Banana's at Large an American retailer? Because as I understand it Ric can't/doesn't fight copies as much in Europe as much as they do in the states. These still sell here.