1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Indie IRK?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by afzoomie67, May 18, 2011.

1. So, I was looking for a Rick copy and after 3 days of searching, I came across this:

Indie IRK Bass Guitar

It's supposed to play well and sound like a Rick and all that, anyone ever play one or another bass/guitar form Indie? They any good? :meh:

2. i was looking at the same thing...gotta price anyone?

3. 599 for a korean made bass... that's a bigger rip off than a real ric :p

4. Bagpiper

Bagpiper

Nov 26, 2011
    Festus, MO
    It's a good bass. I have one and use it exclusively for older Rush songs. I use my Fender GL sig bass for the newer stuff.

5. CnB77

CnB77

Jan 7, 2011
    NJ
    Depends on the quality. Country of origin means nothing as long as it's made well, sounds well, and plays well. I can't speak for this particular instrument, but Agile electric guitars in the same price range are very impressive.

6. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    I have one. I had to replace the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan SRB-1 because the stock bridge pickup was microphonic.

IMHO, the neck is very comfortable, the neck pickup is quite warm yet glassy when soloed and the new SD bridge pickup has a nice single-coil growl to it.

However, the sound that I get from it does not match the sound "in my head" of how a Rickenbacker should sound. It is an extremely subjective thing.

In terms of craftmanship and overall quality, I find that it is worth the $600.

If I had to do it again, I would spend more time looking for a used Rick and pay the extra money that the used Rick will command.

-- LoTone

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    I love Seymour Duncan products except the Rick replacement products are not very good. Those pickups will not give you a Rickenbacker tone.