interesting combo from behringer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oversoul, Jun 18, 2005.

1. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004

What you all think? Anybody tried this? I must say that I was surprised by the sound of their aluminum cone cab line at a recent show I did were another fellow low ender was using it!

edit- forget that last question, its not available yet :ninja:
  2. pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    it looks like they jsut put a bx3000t head and a 2x10 in a cabnit and called it a combo...

(i use the bx3000t and 2x10 and i love it)
    GKon likes this.
  3. Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Except its a 450 watt amp
  4. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    400 euros for 400+ watts, cant get any more bang for the buck hehe :)
  5. pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    ...Except its a 450 watt amp...

eh i didnt read :ninja: ..sorry....still at first glance it looks like a bx3000t and a 2x10 slapped together :rolleyes:
  6. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    This is interesting!!! I've got the BX3000T and an Avatar Neo 210 which sound really good together, but for a "portable" combo are pretty heavy to move around. I LOVE the idea of having 450w and the 210 together. I wonder if it's 450w into 8 ohms because I'm sure they've got two 16 ohm speakers in there to make an 8 ohm total load - otherwise it would be hard to add a cabinet onto this combo. Unless it's something like 300w into 4 ohms and 450w into 2 ohms... hmmm.....
  7. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I want to know when these things will be available here in the States. I have a Behringer BX3000T which I like and an Avatar Neo 210, but if I could have 450w + the 210 in one very portable combo that would be great! I've looked on the Behringer website and they give limited information about this item. I want to know how heavy it is, and if it's 450w into 4 ohms or not.
  8. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    They won't be available until the fall (it says right there on the web site) so I guess noone has tried it yet :cool:

$500 US list means around $450 street...the price is right anyway.
  9. utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    i find behringer's and hartke's aluminium cones to have really good attack.
  10. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Going from a 300 watt amp to a 450 watt amp will get you a 1.5 db increase in volume. Hardly noticeable. :eyebrow:
  11. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I'm sure I've seen them somewhere for $329 USD. I'm just thinking the portability of a combo over a head and a 210, but I'm pretty happy with my Avatar Neo 210. I'd have to play the Behringer unit and see if it's even close to worth selling my Behringer head and Avatar Neo 210 to get the combo.
  12. Goobrador

Nov 18, 2014
    Ok, I apologize in advance if I'm bogarting this thread to serve my own needs -- I'm new to the forum idea and haven't quite figured out all the rules...
    My question seems to be related to the topic at hand so hopefully I won't be run off like a coyote in the chicken coop.

I have a bit of an issue regarding the Behringer "ultrabass" bx4210a in that the craptastic aluminum dual tens have completely separated themselves from the non aluminum outer edge and flap about like a baby's rattle with anything louder than low volume or when using the "ultrabass" pot/setting or with the bass pot turned past noon. So instead of moan about these 2x10s that no longer can be considered working speakers, I'm trying to figure out what to replace them with.

Eminence 2 x10s rated at 200w/each (model ?) or less -- the ohm rating should match up fine.

OR... GK 115 OR TC 112, 2x10/12s or 115?

Bugera has a couple of options: 2x10 1000w peak 500watt rms (I presume) and the slightly more (250$ vs 300$) 1 x 15 (bt115ts) both w/ turbosound "UK designed" speakers. Im thinking about pulling the 4210 amp section out and turning it into a standalone head, but are either of these bugera cabinets a good option to run from this bx4210a amp? I dig the wide variety of tones that the amp section produces, but really need a good set of speakers to make it all come alive.

Lastly, I'm a bit confused as I've recently come across conflicting information regarding the ratio of wattage between the amp & speakers. The best case scenario is: the amp should be capable of producing twice or 1/4 or 3/4 the wattage of the cab or is it the other way around or is that a rule regarding only tube amps or does it matter?? I see these manufactured combo amps where the speakers are rated to handle just below about half the watts as the amp they're connected to, but then read that it's better drive the speakers harder by using a more powerful amp. There seems to be two very convinced sides to this issue. Any thoughts on this or my earlier bugera cab/Behringer amp situmanation;-p?

Thanks , the Forum novice (for now),

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  13. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Well I guess you get the Zombie of the year award!!

You should have started a NEW thread stating your sctual problem!! Many of us dislike reading through a thread only to find it was started neigh on twenty years ago!! :(

What you are looking for is recommendations for a speaker change. That requires you to measure the internal dimensions and measure the ports if any. if you then post them here some of our more knowledgeable members can possibly help you out. Without doing this anything you just drop into the cabinet will result in a crapshoot.
    alecduncan likes this.
  14. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic and card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Ahhh...Zombies. Goooooohd.

No. Find some cheap 10's. Get the thing working, and sell it ASAP.

You can't really believe the manufacturer concerning wattage ratings for anything, especially speakers/cabs. Amps typically only need large amounts of power for very transient events. Speakers need to be able to handle those peaks and be able to stand up to sustained heavy use without over-heating or over-excursion.

Better quality gear tends to work like this: A big powerful amp (at least 500 watts into 4 ohms) driving one or two cabinets. If it is two, it is a couple of 112, 115, 210, 212, or 410 cabinets. Those cabinets typically are made by Ampeg, Aguilar, AudioKinesis, Bergantino, EAW, Eden, Epifani, Fender, Gallien Krueger, Greenboy Designs, Peavey, SWR, etc.

Each (typically 8 ohm) cabinet would probably be rated at least 350 watts by the builder. Actual fact is that some designs take three times that and smile.
  15. jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Both the DEEP and ULTRBASS functions on the BX4500H head are capable of shredding even good speakers. I leave them both off at ALL TIMES.