1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Intonation question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Nov 16, 2005.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I have my intonation adjusted and am 90% happy with it. My only real problem is that things seem to be slightly off on the B string starting at about the 7th fret. Things like octaves and thirds sound a bit out of true - although lets face it - I'm not going to be playing such things in those mid to upper positions on the B string very much.

This is on a Buzz Feiten equipped MTD 535 which I have chosen to intonate ignoring recommended offsets because it sounds better to my ears that way, with this one small caveat.

So my question: Is it "normal" for intonation to be not quite as spot-on on the B string?

Perhaps my disregard for the Buzz Feiten offsets causes little penalty except on the B string. Or perhaps I just goofed when tweaking the B string and need to go back and re-check it.

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Intonation? *** is that? Pffft....

:D

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Only on TB can I get a response to a technical question in under 60 seconds!!!

...from a fire-snorting rottweiler who CLAIMS he owns a Lakland! :D ;)