1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Intro/new to TalkBass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by michmura, Apr 12, 2006.

1. michmura

michmura

Jan 29, 2006
    I'm new to both this site/forum and using forums. I am really not certain how to proceed - I am attempting to simply intro myself. I am primarily a wind player (Bassoon, Sax, Flute) who plays a variety of other instruments as required. I play some guitar (mainly 12 string) and I also attempt to play a 6 string bass (or sometimes my electric acoustic 4 string). I haven't played bass for a long time (off and on for about 3.5 years), so my technique is limited :confused:, but I feel that I have a fair bit of musical background (Hons. B. Mus, extensive orchestral and jazz band experience) that gives me some tools for playing the bass. I do most of my bass/guitar playing in a 4 piece Christian band where I also play sax, flute, piano, and do vocals. I enjoy the challenge of playing the bass as my Bassoon background gives me some sense of harmonies and lines, but my bass techniques and styles are limited and slowly developing.

Michael Murase