1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

iPhone 4...The Real Thing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rarbass, Apr 19, 2010.

1. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
  2. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    It's definitely real. The story of how Gizmodo happened to "find" the phone in a bar...
    Um, that's bogus. This is viral advertising at it's best.

A more likely story is an Apple rep gave them the phone with a made up story on how they found it so they can do an article hyping it up. Seriously, what's the chance a prototype phone happens to land in the lap of a large electronic gadget review site? That's like a someone leaving a prototype Fender at a bar gig that gets found by the chief editor of [insert bass mag.]. This is typical for Apple these days. "Leak" the info to the press, let the hype build up, confirm rumors and release product a few months later.

3. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    Makes sense. I don't know if I'm fond of the shape or not...like I like it I think but I also don't know...also I wonder how this affects the iPod Touch...the last iPhone release only gave the iPod Touch a processor update among a few other minor things...

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    as long as its Verizon capable by the time my next upgrade rolls around...

5. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    I'm actually wondering more about the iPod Touch update now that I've made myself think about it...but I don't really want to know as I just bought mine so I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon...

6. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I don't, and won't need one, but I do think it looks rad.

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    want

8. Looks much better than the "old" ones, imo. Haven't got one because around here they only come with the most expensive provider ever.

9. NICE! I need a new phone this summer and I have been planning on upgrading to an iPhone for a while. I just hope my BB holds out until then.

lowsound

10. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    That's what holds me from considering one. I need a phone, and I need a PDA, but an iPhone, in Canada, ties me to a contract worth 2000$ minimum.

Cell phones are ridiculously overpriced around here.

11. I pay $60 a month for my BB, I can put an iPhone on it for the same price, but the iPhone will do way more and do it better. Which I guess is around $2000. I can deal with that.

lowsound

12. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    That'd be 60 per month over three years for me too.

Right now I have a land line split between three roommates and me, so the phone bill is pretty low :p

13. Ah, all my roommates have cell phones, so there is no point in having a land line.

lowsound

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
  15. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Rubbish story, but the new iPhone does look a lot better than the 3GS one - i like that it does away with those weird iMac curves and goes for the more utilitarian style.

16. playinpearls

playinpearls

Apr 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    they came out today with a letter from apple asking for it back....guess it is real!

i like it...

just got my 3g for 47 dollars... lovin it so far....

17. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Definitely want, and will have.

18. playinpearls

playinpearls

Apr 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    its kinda interesting that apple recently redesigned all of their ipods to be more curve oriented (ipod classic), and now they have made the next iphone (prototype) more of a boxy design... just something i noticed..

i like the box better though...

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX