Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ira Dean "Trick Pony"

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by FenderHotRod, Dec 18, 2004.

1. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    I never thought much about this guy. I thought he just dressed funny played country music and hung out with rock stars.

Anyway I was watching GAC last night, and they were on playing live. And oh my! he can actually play bass and was entertaining to watch. Those guys had fun up there. It was one of the best live performences I have seen on TV in a Long time.

He was playing one of those Bongo basses that everybodys been talking about :)

2. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Yes I saw that and I agree with you. I thought he was a goof ball but he was a pretty good bass player and they did a pretty good show. Looked like they were having a blast.

3. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Yup, he is a real solid player and a pretty good singer too. I also play country and play SR5's and URB so I am inspired by his gig.

4. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Good to see others know him. I told my wife if they come anywhere around here we have got to go and see them.

Looks like there show would be a lot of fun.