1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Iron Maiden

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mofo-Kang, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Saw them last night in Wheatland, CA (a bit north of Sacramento). Amazing show. I first saw them in 1987 (25 freakin' years ago!) in San Jose, and they're just getting better and better. Definitely go see them on this tour if they're coming to a city near you.

And yeah, I'm a little biased...I took up bass back in high school around the time I first saw them because of Steve Harris. I've kept it up because of Geddy and Victor and Les, but Steve will always have a special place in my heart.

Attached Files:

2. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    I saw them Saturday in Mountain View CA, definitely was an amazing show :) Pulling out all their old hits, "Hallowed Be Thy Name" was missed though... Steve Harris' bass playing was phenomenal (of course!), and I was /really/ impressed with the overall mix as well, everyone sounded great!

I can't say I was overly impressed with the opening act though (Coheed and Cambria)...

--

3. Iron Maiden is one of those bands I've always wanted to see but have never gotten the chance. I'm a huge fan of Steve Harris.

4. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    I saw Iron Maiden around '82, only because they opened for 38 Special. That's who I was there for. Only about half of us stayed after Maiden left!

X8

5. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA