Is Geezer Butler Underappreciated?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is Geezer Butler Underappreciated? He was my main motivation to play bass. NIB practically sold the bass guitar to me. What do you think about the Black Sabbath bassist?
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    He is THE groove metal bass father. The main man behind black sabbath's lyrics... The man is amazing. *Rocks out to children of the grave"
  3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    In my book, he is in the same chapter as Cliff Burton. A guitar player that picked up the wrong instrument.
  4. hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    NIB is one of the first songs I ever learned!!! Some people complain about his tone, and I agree that it on some albums it's pretty thin (the track "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath," though one of my faves, stands out, though I think it's more of a mastering issue...) but "Into the Void" from Master of Reality rules!!!...
  5. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    Geezer's the man! His parts were cooler than Iommi's (although he was missing a finger so some stuff must have been hard for him to do).
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    There is currently a thread titled "under appriciated bassists" there is no need for two of them same type threads so please post this there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.