Is my chorus fixable?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Techmonkey, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    I have a Digitech Bass Chorus that I mentioned in another thread, I ordered it second hand, I fixed the battery cavity pins, and replaced the footswitch mounted to the PCB, and the pedal comes on, which is a start.

The PCB looks to be in fairly good condition, if a tiny bit dusty... however, there's one place where it looks like a resistor has had it's place swapped (there is a hole in the PCB which looks desoldered, and the resistor is going into a new hole right next to it)

But now, the problem... The sound I get from it is almost unchanged when I turn the pedal up. With all dials turned up, there is a very very weak warbly sound, but it's so weak that I didn't notice it the first few times I tried turning it on... The knobs do basically nothing, except speed, which seems to make the biggest difference. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with this?
  2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    If I'm not mistaken, this is a digital chorus. Which means it could be really hard to fix. But well...

Personnaly, I won't be able to help you if I don't see the pedal. I mean if I don't have the pedal in my hands. But... Let's try... :D

Do you have any skills in electronics ? Do you have a DMM ?

Post pics of the pcb, it could maybe help.