is my system to small

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Stingray, May 30, 2004.

1. Stingray

May 12, 2000
    ok this may sound stupid but i would like two know how "big" a 2000w system is in the scheme of sytems for 600-1500 person crowd in an outdoor setting. keep in mind that all peices are being miked (drums,guitar, bass, etc) do i have enough power to do this or should i go rent something larger?
  2. depends, you should add mroe info, such as: indoor/open air, what cabs you got, tube/solid state amp(s)...
  3. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    if it's being miked, then anything would work assuming you can hear yourself
  4. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hi Stingray, for outdoor gigs in open air, like parks and such, I use a 2100 watt Stewart World 2.1 (in bridged mode) to drive a pair of EVX-180A subs. The main amp is a Walter Woods Ultra (1200 watts) into as many Bag End speakers as I can fit on stage. So that's 3300 watts total. IME that's been pretty good, it tends to get the low frequencies "out there" into the audience. I don't think it would be enough for arena rock, but it'll suffice for most purposes. I'd think two kilowatts would be a very good start (depending on the speakers of course).
  5. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    if you're talking PA, 2000W would be small. 10,000W would be better for that many people outside.