Is that Will Lee on tuba?!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by terribilino, May 17, 2012.

1. terribilino

terribilino

Nov 22, 2008
    Here:

I know he played French horn at university. If he's really playing tuba in this, he has earned my eternal respect.

Miss John Candy, though. :crying:

2. colcifer

colcifer Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    It would appear so.

3. Boof

Boof

Oct 3, 2008
    Nashville
    They are lip-synching to a track. Sid doesn't play trumpet (actually, nobody plays trumpet like he's pretending to), Will "plays" several runs without fingering any valves, and Anton flails in the direction of (but not contacting) a crash cymbal several times. Will did begin college as a French horn player, but that embouchure and technique is about as far removed from what a tuba player does as one could get. The skills do NOT transfer. And you don't pick up a brass instrument after years away and play well on it without some serious, extended shed time, period - let alone an instrument so drastically different from what you played 35 years ago. I majored in a brass instrument in college, and played it professionally for years. Trust me, nobody's playing a brass instrument for real on that clip.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021