1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is the Mooer Envelope pedal a low (vs band) pass filter?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by focusbob, May 18, 2019.

1. focusbob

focusbob

Jan 28, 2019

This is likely the sort of thing one should be able to surmise by ear... Is the Mooer Envelope pedal (bass video link above) using a low pass or band pass filter? I have my own guess, but I'm hoping for confirmation. Thanks!

2. Band pass, that is a coolish filter.

focusbob likes this.
  3. focusbob

focusbob

Jan 28, 2019
    Bump for the Sunday crowd!

4. focusbob

focusbob

Jan 28, 2019
    Just in case some future curious party finds their way here...

- Mooer confirmed the Envelope is a low pass filter.
    - The Donner Dynamic Wah appears to be the same pedal for half the $.
    - Both appear to be MP Snow White Auto Wah clones (primarily based on controls). Although the 3leaf Proton has the same controls (plus the direction switch that the Mooer does not have), I'm doubtful that there is a tiny optical circuit (led/ldr) inside (but you never know!).

Cheers!
    Jim

Bo0tsy likes this.
  5. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    I was under the impression that the bass sweeper is a take on the bassballs. They sound extremely similar, with the controls on the bass sweeper mimicking the original bassballs, which had the external switch/knob along with two internal trim-pots.

Nunovsky likes this.
  6. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    The Mooer Envelope is a diferent pedal from the Mooer Bass Sweeper.
    The Envelope is a more classic envelope filter and the Sweeper is in fact a Bassballs clone.

Winton and focusbob like this.
  7. Winton

Winton

Nov 21, 2017
    Tokyo, Japan
    Year and a half later bump

I’ve tried the Donner Dynamic Wah and there was not only lots of low end loss but barely any wah happening. So my guess is it’s very different from the Mooer Envelope because Pertybass from the video says if anything, there’s a bass bump with this pedal.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021