1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this only happening to me?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I've noticed over the past month or so that my subscribed threads aren't coming up accurately anymore. I'll get notices for 1 or 2 threads with unread posts, when there are actually a whole bunch more. And when I click the arrow on any thread title to bring me to the first unread post, I get taken to a post that misses a bunch of other unread posts? Almost as though someone has hacked my account and is using it behind my back, though it's too consistent. Person would have to have some serious issues to be following my activity that closely.

Is this happening to anyone else? Any clues as to what might be causing this?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    are you using tb tapatalk with push notifications on? If so, that keeps you logged in hence instant post report notifications won't work in same way. Daily subscriptions will continue to work as before

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Hi David,

Thanks. Didn't notice there was a response to this, because it's still not working. Just came here to bump this thread.

I'm using tapatalk, but I don't use the push notifications. On tapatalk I also noticed that if I try to unsubscribe from a thread that I'm already subscribed to, I only get the option to subscribe (which makes no sense).

Anyhow, what I wrote about in my OP is still happening. Just checked my subscriptions and got the message that there were no new responses. But when I view "all subscribed threads" there were lots of them. And I have to go to the last page in each thread, then scroll from wherever I think the last post is that I read. It's time consuming, annoying, and takes a lot of the joy out of talkbass, which has become quite a habit of mine over the past decade. :)

Anyhow, any other thoughts on what might be causing this or how it can be fixed? Thanks.