It Could Happen To You

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Bijoux, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    No, I am about to discuss alternate changes to "it could happen to you", It's actually about my bass.
    So I was playing last Saturday and at the end of the gig my bass was sitting on stage already inside it's cover, when some guy comes up to talk to the piano player when he falls on my bass and smashed the top plate. The bridge caved in and it has several cracks. :crying:
    Anyway, he has home owners insurance, so I guess I'll be working on that this week.
    There is a guy her called Robert Ross, and he is a fantastic luthier, so I hope I get some insurance money.
    So from now on you might wanna be extra careful with your bass.
  2. How´s that guy at the moment?
    Is he still in the hospital?
    I´ve heard that and legs and even arms can be re-attached these days...
  3. After getting an email from Bijoux, a personal friend here in Denver, it started me thinking about the awful things that have happened to my basses and other horror stories about basses i've heard. I mentioned a couple in my reply to his mail, hoping to make him feel not qiute so bad.
    So in this spirit, please join me on a thread i've decided to start under this same area "Set-up and Repair"
    Take heart Bijoux!!
  4. bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Director, Quantum Bass Center
    I was 15 and walking across the courtyard to my very first bass master class; it happened to be with Gary Karr. I heard a very ominous crack and opened my bass case to see two soundpost cracks and the top already starting to sink. So I went into the hall and sat miserable in a corner until it was my turn. I showed Gary my bass and without a moment's hesitation he held out the Amati for me to play my solo on. A very gracious gesture that I will never forget.
  5. hey bijou
    sorry to hear that. What a bummer.

(the guy who bought your flight case...)