1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD J-Ferro Denair Spalted Maple (Nordstrand Pickups & Pre)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TonyP-, Nov 21, 2017.

1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Price:
    $700
    Strings:
    Hello I'm selling the Nordstand Loaded J-Ferro Denair
    I'm only selling this because of the new Lulls I have received. Its actually a killer instrument.

Its priced to move at $700 and the price is firm.
    This includes shipping to the lower 48 states only and a J-Ferro gig bag.
    I will not ship outside of that area.

260vfow.

2ezslyq.

1tlde1.

Cosmetically I had to re-drill for strap button due to that hard maple.

34reik5.

Orange Caesar likes this.
  2. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    From the website... But its been modded with a 3 band Nordstand Pr that has switchable mid range and Push Pull passive volume pot.
    Nordstrand Audio Big Singles

An instrument of beauty and versatility, the J Ferro Denair line takes the beauty of nature’s art and transforms it into an iconic piece worthy of your own craft. Featuring layers of spalted maple, ash, and mahogany enhanced by the dark waving lines of its solid spalted maple top, the Denair is accented with a classic ebony fingerboard and a natural satin finish to highlight its unique appearance. This bass also offers neck through construction with a 24 fret, thin U-shaped contour in 5-piece maple/mahogany and a double action truss rod along with custom hand wound FB08-5 pickups and FTM-3 ACTIVE 3 band EQ for a bass that’s almost too good to be real (but trust us, it is.) It's Your World... Play It!™

FEATURES

Construction: Neck Through

Body: Spalted Maple/Ash/Mahogany/Ash/Spalted Maple

Top: Solid Spalted Maple

Neck: Thin U Contour (1st fret - 21mm, 12th fret - 23mm) 5-Piece Maple/Mahogany

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Finish: Natural Satin

Nut Type: Graphite

Frets: 24

Hardware Color: Black

Truss Rod: Double Action

Tuners: J Ferro JFT-32 3x2 Tuners

Neck Pickup: J Ferro FB08-5N featuring an Alnico 5 Magnet/ Formvar Wire

Bridge Pickup: J Ferro FB08-5B featuring an Alnico 5 Magnet/ Formvar Wire

Electronics: J Ferro FTM-3, Active 3 Band EQ

Electronics Layout: Vol/Bal w/a FTM-3, 3 Band EQ

Gig Bag Model: JFB-100

Gig Bag Included: YES

SPECIFICATIONS

Fingerboard Radius: 15.75” (400mm)

Scale Length: 35"

Nut Width: 1.77” (45mm)

Bridge: JB-25. 17mm String Spacing, String Through Saddles Feature

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  3. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    I'm willing to trade for a solid quality (Recording quality) drum kits (no more then a 5 piece).

Videos with Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson addressed to me will allow a significant discount.

4. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    She's a looker.

TonyP- likes this.
  5. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Thank You Bro...Its actually a killer bass, but I have some many 5 strings. I need drums for my studio space and this is going to sound super lame, but my stable corner in my house is a bit crowded. (First world, total douche issues...but I admit it...lol)

monsterthompson likes this.
  6. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Hope everyone in the states has a great holiday. We had a little to much wine in this house.
    c7b6e12d637005c59eab82618c6f0246--shelf-life-christmas-time.

7. I always wondered...these are great basses...where are they made?

8. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    0e1c27cfda33417b98bd09e61f6b9689--photo-props-photo-booths.
    Its that time of year...
    Happy Holidays everyone...(Lets hope this Elf behaves)

bassguyky48 likes this.
  9. larrygs

larrygs Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Costa Rica
    Anxiety attack!!!

TonyP- likes this.
  10. larrygs

Jan 26, 2014
    Costa Rica
    I hope this is still here for my birthday (Dec 12th).

Rapisme likes this.
  11. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Just have a address in the states and we are good.

12. larrygs

Jan 26, 2014
    Costa Rica
    Miami, so no issues.

Do you know the Weight?

Thanks Tony

TonyP- likes this.
  13. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    I could get a weight for You on Monday...Slammed with gigs over the weekend (I will shot for Sunday)

14. larrygs

Jan 26, 2014
    Costa Rica
    No rush, thanks!

TonyP- likes this.
  15. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    This is the only reason why I'm selling this bass
    fcic87.

larrygs likes this.
  16. ___Bass___

___Bass___ Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2016
    North East Ohio
    Pm sent

17. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Hello Everyone...I just want to address some of the PMs I'm receiving.

Weight - 9.6 LBs according to a shipping scale

Preamp - The preamp was made for this bass and it does have a push/pull switchable mid-range along with a push/pull active passive volume.

Pickups - Nordstrand Big Singles 17mm Alinco 5

18. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    I have received 2 tasty Amp offers... But I'm endorsed with GK and I'm very happy with them.

19. larrygs

Jan 26, 2014
    Costa Rica
    "Weight - 9.6 LBs according to a shipping scale"

I love that bass but I will have to pass due to the weight, it is almost the same weight as my Modulus Q5 and that one is giving me a hard time due to my shoulder lesion.
    Thanks Tony.

:(

Larry

TonyP- likes this.
  20. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    No worries