1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jackson JS3V (Case Issues)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jisais, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jisais

Jisais

Jan 1, 2012
    Does anyone know i could just fit it into a universal hardshell case considering that the headstock is so large? Trying to at least fit it in a decent case where it won't get all beat up. Sorry if thread is in the wrong forum:scowl:

2. jordak

jordak

Apr 7, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Go to your local music store and bring your bass with you. I work in a music store and this is something I help customers with at least once a week.

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    my 5string Jackson and Charvel both fit in the chainsaw and square cases that are pre molded for the bodies and were made for the 4stringers.

it looks big but isn't.
    P1010330.

Certainly Jordak is correct...bring it with you and they will easily fit in a universal case. it's not the headstock it's the body that will move around in it from being a universal.
    here's my Charvel Eliminator in a standard chainsaw case.

B4pBmdwmkKGrHqQOKjwEynq9B4tBMqmyhZCTg_3.
    here's my 5string concert with it's square case
    jacksonpro01.

4. Jisais

Jisais

Jan 1, 2012
    i certainly followed jordak's advice and just bought a universal case for it. Main issue that gets to me is the fact that the headstock is so huge on these that the neck barely floats over the neck rest. By the way thats a mighty beautiful Concert V and Fusion that you have there!

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    that's an Eliminator V, fusion V had different knob config. Probably for the MIJ market only cause it never made the USA catalog.

glad you got a case for it now :)

6. Jisais

Jisais

Jan 1, 2012
    Ah interesting.

Yeah might as well have it protected..had been wanting one for a good couple of years. Was on the verge of getting one a couple of years ago ( Metallic red, neck-thru, EMG's and the 3 band EQ) for $250 but it got away before i even got to it :atoz:

7. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    everyone I know who has one is happy. I wish they made em in multi colors though.

8. Amimbari,what's up with the bridge on your white Jackson? What kind of bridge is that?

9. Jisais

Jisais

Jan 1, 2012
    i believe that those were Kahler bridges

10. Jisais

Jisais

Jan 1, 2012
    kahler 2440 to be exact

11. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ya what he said. They used them or the Schaller roller bridges. The Fusion5 got the Schaller, the concerts got the Kahler.

12. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    back to cases for a sec, imagine what problems people find out when they have an "unusual shaped" bass, sometimes the case costs almost as much as the bass.