1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jaguar Bass StackKnob

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gearguy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Gearguy

Gearguy

Oct 9, 2009
    Has anybody put stackknobs on a Jag bass to give it the ability to blend pickups ? Care to share your wiring?

2. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    I originally wired mine with stacked volumes, but found it too easy to have the wrong knob turned down in series mode. So I redid it a blend pot in the tone position. Then used a stacked knob for V/T. I usually prefer individual volumes, but with a series/parallel setup, I prefer the blend pot. It just feel more intuitive to me.
    The web is littered with diagrams to wire a blend pot.

3. Essen

Essen Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Norway
    I don't have a schematic for you, but I wired my Jaguar for stacked VV. Like JoeWPgh said, I would rather go with a blend knob. IMO the "favoring neck/bridge" settings really weren't all that useful. Also remember the control cavity is tight! I ordered one of those big stacked pots and I had to reverse the order of the V/T pots to make it fit.

4. Finding a pot for volume/blend will be challenging, as such wiring requires a concentric, triple-ganged pot with an odd combination of tapers. Unless you meant a concentric pot for volume/volume, in which case, people do that all the time.

5. Bobster

Bobster

Mar 27, 2006
    Austin, TX