Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jam Camp.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Jul 14, 2004.

1. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
    Oooooooookkaaaaaayy......... :rollno:

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yeha, you're right--parents spending money on their kids to help instill a love for music, give them self confidence and help them overcome shyness is a horrible idea.

Lighten up, people. You would have jumped at the chance at that age, too... :rolleyes:

3. wow, im actually kinda shocked at your reaction, bassmonkee.

the best point you came up with was "over coming being a shy muscian", however, i would think if a parent supports their child that much, wouldnt it be nice to buy your kid a nice set up, and send him to a good instructor? so that, when hes finally persuaded by his/her parents to try out for aband, and hes told "thats awesome.." wouldnt that help self esteem far more?

to me, this just doesnt seem like rock n roll.. just as if they are adding to the manufactured bands.

4. lol thats just silly........... :rollno:

5. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I wouldn't go, And I'm 15. Granted it does sound "I wouldn't go, but if i did go i would have fun" fun. Looks like a waste of money in my eyes. I can do all that stuff at home and at my friends house. Hanging out all day with stupid punk kids EWWWW!!!!! Learning about music in an afternoon thats not how its done. Someone wanted some money.

Jim

PS. wish I thought of that

6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    The article forgot to mention that the whole idea was stolen from the recent Jack Black film "school of rock"