Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JAMES JAMERSON!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Guss, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Damn Jazzbo you were right. That guy is amazing. He ranks right up there with Jaco on my list. I ordered the book from Borders booksellers, and have listened to the CDs.(havent gotten around to the book yet though :D ).
    Anyway does anybody know of any CD collections that feauture only the songs that Jamerson played on? Im really hungary for Motown. I haven't given this Genre enough attention. Any help would be appreciated. If I can get a response i will look for the CD today. Oh yeah, and please mention how easy it will be to find it at a bookstore or music store.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    the iTunes music store has partitioned 45 top motown singles and 45 top motown albums, in addition to that they have a very wide selection of all the great motown hits from all the great names.

To get you started, here's 20th century masters: The funk brothers

3. That was the book i got actually. sorry i should have elaborated. Its a good book and so are the cd's. but i would like to here many of the original recordings where jamerson played. I was hoping there would be a cd out there with what im looking for

4. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
  5. Guss, you should also check out the DVD "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" for the low down on Jamerson and the other snakepit dwellers the Funk Brothers. There is also a 2 cd set of the soundtrack of the movie that features the new performances with Bob Babbitt on bass & a second disc of original Motown tracks with the vocals lifted so you can really hear the music. There is also a "Best of the Funk Brothers" with instrumentals that are certainly Jamerson.

6. http://www.motown.com/

ALL MUSIC GUIDE JAMES JAMERSON

JAMES JAMERSON APPEARS ON

Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever

Motown 40 Forever

# Every Great Motown Song, Vol. 1 ~ Various Artists
    # Motown Legends, Vol. 1 ~ Various Artists
    # Hitsville USA ~ Various Artists
    # Motown-The Classic Years ~ Strong
    # Classic Soul Love Songs ~ Various Artists
    # Endless Love ~ Various Artists
    # Motown 1980's 1 ~ Various Artists
    # Hitsville USA ~ Various Artists

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I love Jamerson.
    One of my fav's.
    Heard a Stevie Wonder song, You met you match.
    Greatest Hits Vol 2.
    Does anybody know if that is Jamerson on bass?
    Killer, sounds just like him.