Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Janet Jackson "Black Cat"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by rugrat, Jun 14, 2005.

1. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    Anyone know where I can find this? I have the whole song down except for the slap/pop accents throughout the song. I have to play it Friday, HELP!

2. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    are you..... serious?

3. dee rob

dee rob

Feb 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    I don't know if the above comment was really necessary, but just put the accents where you feel them.....the groove will take care of itself.

dee

4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Yeah.. sorry about that.. i was in a bad mood earlier... good luck learning that song man! I did a little research and that bass line is pretty rippin! Try powertabs... they're usually top notch!

5. Can't you download it and listen to it? Or is this the tab only forum? :D

What is it not fair using your ears anymore?

If I told you it was single snap on the last 1/16th (1 e and a) before the 2 (E) and 2 1/16ths (D-E) starting on the "and" of 4 would that mean anything to you? That's the main groove, intro, etc. Or is there another part you're thinking of?

Randy

6. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    Sure, I'm serious. Why? Did I come off as a newbie? I've been playing in bands for 25 years. I work long hours as an engineer and any resource that I can use to save practice time at home is quite valuable.

7. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois

Thanks, I think I have it down. I found it to be somewhat of a muted slap/pop. I've been playing a long time but I have never been able to slap very well. I guess my situations/musical tastes have never really called for it. It would be cool though to be able to rip a little Donald "Duck" Dunn :bassist:

8. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois

No problem, it will cost you a free slap lesson though ;)

9. UZi

UZi

Jan 13, 2010
    Hey, I just got a connection for the Audio files for Black Cat, (I know a guy) I could send you the bass track if you'd like