Japanese Bartenders

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bunk McNulty, Apr 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    I had to look up "ASMR" and as best I can tell it's the same thing as horripilation, but I don't care about that. I'm just wondering, are these supposed to be instructional videos? Or is this sort of a visual catalogue of bartending styles? Whatevs, kinda neat.

OldDog52 likes this.
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It’s not just their style- if you go to the Absolut website, they have videos on how to make all sorts of different drinks and the bartender in those uses a very similar style.

3. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    I had to look it up too. Never heard of it. But that video is kind of fascinating to watch. I’d feel guilty tipping one of those bartenders less than $5. Maybe $10. ;)

4. The 2nd guy is liquid precision. The 1st guy could become like him with weekly Alexander Technique lessons for a year.

OldDog52 likes this.
  5. Ironbar

Ironbar Inactive

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    I don't need my beverage served to me like its a tea ceremony!

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Nope. Don't care about ceremony.

Now, if you want good service, go to Boston! The official catch phrase of Bostonian bartenders and wait staff is "You all set?".

You can get a drink and within less than a minute SOMEBODY will run by you and say "You all set? You guys all set?".

They are on top of it!

Don't put on a show. Put a drink in my hand. ;)

Mike N likes this.
  7. I
    That's funny, when I was in Boston just a couple weeks back, the first thing I thought was, "this seems like a great place to find a bar"

two fingers likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021