1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz-bloopers?

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Dudie, May 12, 2010.

1. Dudie

Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Sweden
    Do you know any youtube clips were they get lost in the form, playing in the wrong key or just playing Wrong?

Simply, musical bloopers.

In order to strengthen my own poor self-esteem ;)

2. TomSauter

TomSauter

Dec 22, 2004
    Kennesaw, GA

3. Dudie

Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Sweden
    Interesting to see how they handle the situation.

The Great Jennifer Leitham having trouble with the sound.

4. Slows down a lot but all of it sounds great

5. zoonose

zoonose

Apr 4, 2005
    Alexandria, LA
    That was awesome.

6. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I was transcribing the bass line for Moanin' (Art Blakey) way back and I remember there being a wrong entrance in the bass. It's very subtle, you have to really listen for it. The rest of the take must have been good enough where they decided to just leave it.

7. geoffbassist

geoffbassist UK Double Bassist Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 17, 2006
    UK
    Founder - Discover Double Bass
    Check put the bass solo. . . How high is that bass?! He's lined up the heel instead of the nut with his eye line.

It looks like a long reach for half position! :)

8. Saw him play in London, a few months before Stan Getz died. The bass player sat on an ordinary height chair, not a stool, I thought it was just a one off, that maybe his stool had broken. Must have been his regular thing though. Awesome player, but never seen him here since?

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I can remember being in a class with Martin Speake (UK Alto Player) and he was talking about what makes a great rhythm section. So he picked up the CD Boxed Set of Miles live at the Blackhawke and said that you could pick any point in the 4 CDs and find an example of great rhythm section playing.

He put it on at a random spot and said "let's listen" - immediately it was apparent that the whole thing was slowing down drastically and really started to drag! :p

It was very funny at the time!! - but I did buy the boxed set after that and do still enjoy listening to it!