1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz Crimes-joshua redman NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by grapevine, Jul 4, 2016.

1. grapevine

grapevine Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Los Angeles
    my trio is currently working on jazz crimes by joshua redman. i am doubling on the melody and for the most part have got it down but there are two lines that are just screwing with me. it is two 16th not lines. they are at the end of bar 4 and 8 of the melody line.

so i would like to know from anyone who has approached this song if there is an efficient fingering for those two lines. also any addition info on the song will be much appreciated

thanks for any help

2. Good luck bro. My drummer wanted to do this song and I'm like, "uhhh, we'll get around to it..."

Real Soon and grapevine like this.
  3. Hey since you guys are working on this, if you have any rehearsal recordings or whatnot, I'd be interested in hearing them. No judgement, lol. I'd just like to know how you guys approach the song.

4. grapevine

Feb 9, 2015
    Los Angeles

this was about a month ago. have made lots of progress since then. the form is about the same as the original. i play chords behind the guitarist and then double the melody.( i miss my place on 2nd time through). now we are just working on adding effects to see what works and what doesnt

Spin Doctor and odarellmc like this.

5. Woah nice man! You guys killed it. Thanks for the hook up!

grapevine likes this.
  6. grapevine

Feb 9, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Thanks man I appreciate that. It's a fun tune once you get it under your fingers.

7. I can see how it would be. You guys have a great vibe.

8. Nihilism

Nihilism

Dec 27, 2011
    Spin Doctor and grapevine like this.