1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

For Sale John Norwood Lee French Bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by Saibrahim501, May 26, 2021.

1. Saibrahim501

Saibrahim501 Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Indiana
    Price:
    $4000
    Style:
    French
    IMG_9889.JPG PRICE DROP $3,600 - MESSAGE ME FOR INQUIRIES. Since purchasing in 2016, I have been a finalist for the Detroit Symphony, Houston Symphony, and won a position with the Atlanta Symphony using this bow. It is a lovely bow that pulls a deep, dark, and luscious tone and compliments the double bass' darkness by adding a robust sequence of undertones that really carry well in a big room. Used on a variety of basses, it never disappoints. As an orchestra stick, it stays in the string with a nice warm hug that gives the player comfort during more complicated passages with bow strokes, and it is a top tier bow for lyrical solo playing due to it's natural feeling weight and comfortable frog. It's a professional level bow that has served me very well. For those of you looking for a bow that will set you up for college and get you prepared for an audition, this is that bow! For orchestral veterans looking for their Mahler and Brahms bow, buy this bow and let me borrow it for Mahler and Brahms once i'm back in an orchestra. This bow brings the bass! Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  2. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Former Mannes College Theory Faculty Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Ridgewood, NJ
    Sent you a PM.

-S-

3. Calvin Marks

Calvin Marks Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Toronto
    Wonderful. What is the weight?

4. Saibrahim501

Saibrahim501 Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Indiana
    146grams

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021