1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just a fun video

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by stefandisgust, Jan 26, 2012.

1. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Spector Basses-New Artist
    What We Call Victory - Bass and Drums Talk ( Stefan Sandman and Dillon Baird ) - YouTube

I enjoyed the idea of our band doing these videos. We get lots of questions on what equipment we use because so much of it is always hidden behind banners and in cases, etc.

How do you guys find the quality of video and audio to be?

Is putting snippets of our songs in there a good idea?

Feedback is appreciated. One of us is a film major and it seems to really help us reach out to more people!

2. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    This is just one video..it serves a purpose. It's not your band's demo. Honestly, I would have probably chosen a different background track if you had it, I would try to use your stuff, sans any lyrics if you had it. The drummer's lighting is all wrong, but you can understand all that he is saying, which is great, and it sounds like both you and he know gear pretty well. I'd like to know more about the use of the laptop. I wasn't sure if you are sampling, tracking, or just using it for his own monitor mix, or what.
    Looks good. You guys really sleep in the parking lot on your last tour? That's living the life!
    Wes