just auditioned last night!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bass element, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Welp, i posted up an ad for myselfat the guitar shop i take lessons at and i received a buncha calls from different people, and sadly i was not interested in most of them. but, last night i had an audition with some kids that have the same taste in music and play great at their instruments.

I had never met these kids before, so i wasnt sure what the chemistry was going to be like, but it turned out that they were really cool kids.

i thought i was in trouble when they asked me if i knewa couple of songs and i said no, even tho i had heard them on the radio a buncha times. so, i ended up learning about 12 songs on the spot, and they said i was excellent and knocked 'em out perfectly. i was pretty proud of myself. they were very impressed withhow fast i picked up on the songs, and that i was way better than any of their past bassists so i nailed the audition.

they also have ties to a studio where we can record for a low cost, so thats pretty awesome to. they are used to playing local shows, but i have never played a show in my life, but i definately ready and willing to. so, i hope this ends up being something fun and worthwhile.
  2. Thats cool bro, have fun and enjoy the experience...and learn from it too.