Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just auditioned last night!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bass element, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Welp, i posted up an ad for myselfat the guitar shop i take lessons at and i received a buncha calls from different people, and sadly i was not interested in most of them. but, last night i had an audition with some kids that have the same taste in music and play great at their instruments.

I had never met these kids before, so i wasnt sure what the chemistry was going to be like, but it turned out that they were really cool kids.

i thought i was in trouble when they asked me if i knewa couple of songs and i said no, even tho i had heard them on the radio a buncha times. so, i ended up learning about 12 songs on the spot, and they said i was excellent and knocked 'em out perfectly. i was pretty proud of myself. they were very impressed withhow fast i picked up on the songs, and that i was way better than any of their past bassists so i nailed the audition.

they also have ties to a studio where we can record for a low cost, so thats pretty awesome to. they are used to playing local shows, but i have never played a show in my life, but i definately ready and willing to. so, i hope this ends up being something fun and worthwhile.

2. Thats cool bro, have fun and enjoy the experience...and learn from it too.