1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just got an Upshot Kit

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by thomphoto, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:45 PM.

1. My Upshot Kit arrived this afternoon and I used it at a gig tonight in a small theater at an assisted living facility. I am happy to report that it performed just as I was hoping it would. I had pre ordered the Doubleshot but after talking to Golliher Music about my specific needs he suggested that the Upshot would do what I wanted with less weight and bulk. I play with a acoustic bluegrass group and the leader was always saying that he couldn't hear me well enough and I was digging in the best I could. Well, I placed the Upshot on the floor with the amp attached with the included bracket right behind the bass and set the input at about 50% and the master vol at 50% and wow, problem solved. By the way we are a rather large group with 2 guitars, banjo, mandolin, 3 fiddles, and bass. The backpack holds the kit along with all the cables and is easy to throw over one shoulder to make it a one trip load. So far, so good.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 8:23 AM
  2. dhergert

dhergert Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    Just a gentle word of warning:

At least for me, with carrying a (different, non-AI) 15lb portable combo bass amp in a backpack, the biggest weight problem isn't the amp and cabling, it's everything else I have ended up wanting to carry with it...

My complete kit comes in at 28lbs; there's probably about 12lbs of other amp-related stuff that I "have to have with me just in case". I'd list them all here but I don't want to give you any bad ideas.

You've got a great kit there. If you can keep it down to a bare minimum of other goodies that you "have to have with you just in case", your back will be much happier.

3. That sounds like good advice, because I have a bad habit of accumulating "stuff" that I think I might need. Thank goodness there is not much extra room in the backpack.

dhergert likes this.