1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just got my Revolution solo from Upton...

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by 5stringDNA, May 2, 2006.

1. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I'm realling digging the Revolution so far- the sound clarity is excellent and very transparent. I can't quite get the "amplified" sound out of it, but I am pretty sure that is due to my Ahsdown amp, which is geared very much toward rock and has a slightly hi-fi tone to it. I can't really put down cash on an acoustic image or something, but I am very happy overall. The reviews have been pretty accurate, and I don't think another pickup configuration for anwhere near the $100 price tag is going to compete with this. The simple and clean look of it is great too. Feedback is practically non-existant even at high volumes, but i'll try it out in rehearsal this weekend to see how it fares.

2. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    You mean Revolution Solo :)

3. Well, Upton does do some great Hybrid work...:smug:

4. Eric Rene Roy

Eric Rene Roy

Mar 19, 2002
    Mystic, CT
    President: Upton Bass String Instrument Co.
    "Just got my Realist solo from Upton..."

I'm glad your diggin it. We put everything we have into it.

I can just imagine the lawyers from the Gage camp are getting ready for another volley with that name though...

;)

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    haha you are right.. Revolution.. realist... same word right? :D I am a name-slaughterer in general...