1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

just ******* perfect round 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by that-guy, Aug 16, 2012.

1. that-guy

that-guy

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne
    Hey TB, just need to vent a bit. So yesterday went ok, got home to a broken front bedroom window and a ransacked house.....******* fantastic.
    Some ******* has run off with laptops, TV, wireless BB, but (thankfully) no guitars or basses, amps or effects.
    **** those guys, but you want to know something? They walked clean past all the really expensive stuff (dvd recorder, pvr, stereo, surround system, some 20 assorted basses and guitars etc) and took cheap stuff (tv worth around 300 new, laptop about 6 years old, etc)
    So, my day's gone pretty well.
    Meanwhile, Mrs T_G laptop gone too, with every serial number and family photo saved on the ext.HD (also gone)
    So, at 7 months preg, after being told may be early birth, this night got really ******* **** really quick
    Sorry TB, just needed to let this out some where. Reposted and edited to removed profanity. Thanks pacman, and relic + others who replied to the original thread, your support is appreciated
    T_G

2. Dang man.
    I feel for you.

3. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Thieves should hang. That SUCKS. :(

4. Topspin

Topspin What's my name again?

Dec 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I played Tom Sawyer with a pick once. Shame on me.
    That blows, sorry man. :(
    At least you have your wife and basses. Hopefully the cops can track down the rest of your stuff.

5. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Funny that they left the expensive stuff. When I got robbed, they new exactly what to take (including my Les Paul-and I had a great connection with that guitar :bawl:).

Vent all you want. It sounds like you came out OK; I'm glad.

6. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Next time, if there ever is one, install a program on the laptop that takes a pics of the first persons face to open it and secretly sends you the photo when a connection is available.

Sorry for your loss dude, sucks bigtime.

7. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Sorry to hear it bro

8. that-guy

that-guy

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne
    Thanks guys, mrs T_G and I appreciate the support. It happened while were at work yesterday, could have been any time between 10:30 am to 8:30 pm yesterday, so we're fine. Mrs a bit stressed, cos yesterday doctors have given heads up we may be due for early delivery of T_G Jr, we are about 1.5 months from Dday. Thankfully, all of the stuff we've picked up for Jr has stayed where it was
    Thanks again for replies and support, here's hoping johnny law kicks some *** and our stuff comes home
    T_G

9. that-guy

that-guy

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne
    That's not a bad idea, tastybasslines, i'll keep an eye open for one of those programs next time I get online proper.
    T_G

10. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    So sorry for ya man!

11. Sorrry. :(

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Hang tough bro, these guys were able to....

51TSdX3cK6L._SL500_AA300_.

Oh hey, so did these guys....

[​IMG]

-Mike

13. Ricnroll

Ricnroll

Dec 30, 2010
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Sorry to hear about the thefts, that sucks.

Beef up the security. Sometimes it isn't the 6 year old lap top that they wanted. Sometimes it's the new one you get three weeks from now.

14. that-guy

that-guy

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne
    Yeah, that's what we're worried about more than anything ricnroll. Better insurance starts today, and better locks. Wouldn't have helped this time, the bedroom window was broken, but here's hoping there's no next time.
    T_G

15. do you like dogs? Best security system out there. Unfortunately, they have yet to develop Dog 2.0, poopless variety.

16. bombjack

bombjack

Feb 3, 2009
    NYC
    I never thought about that! Great point worth repeating!

Sorry to hear about that TG - growing up our house was burglarized twice - years apart - and it definitely sucked. We opted to get a dog who stopped them from breaking in the 3rd time - someone's hand got chomped while trying to come through a screen door!

17. that-guy

that-guy

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne
    Love dogs, but no can have. No pets here. If we buy next place, pets are in the picture, but not while renting.
    Poopless variety sounds promising though...last one I remember was aibo, have there been improvements since then? :p
    T_G