1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just purchased tickets to see The Wall by Roger Waters

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by marantz10, May 6, 2010.

1. marantz10

marantz10 Master Bass Playa

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I got in on the iTunes Presale for The Wall by Roger Waters this morning. :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist: Got pretty good seats but he is charging a bundle! Who else is going to one of his shows?

2. cbrophy

cbrophy

Nov 11, 2009
    Central MA.
    If you don't mind...How much are tix going for?

3. marantz10

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Pricing concerning the Tacoma, Washington show:
    Floor seats start at $451
    Lowest section of bleachers start at $201
    Middle section of bleachers at $127
    Highest section of bleachers at $77 / really far back in the stadium in the lowest bleachers

Supposedly there are tickets from $57 but unless you bring a telescope, I don't think you'll have a good view. Some of what to remember about the show is they are building the wall and probably won't have any projected visuals for the performers.

With that said, I got a pair at 127 dollars which is bleachers in front of wall and about 31 rows up so I'm happy I didn't pay that much to be sitting in the back. :p

4. I had an opportunity to buy up front floor tix or very good seats off the floor. Both prices were ridiculous so I passed. I saw him in 87 for like 30 bucks. This pricing pisses me off and I won't go on principle.:mad:

5. marantz10

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Lol what were the floor seats going for? I've seen some internet scalpers trying to sell floor seats for over 1000 bucks...

6. They were at cost....which were well over $300. My buddy has the Ticketmaster guy hookup.:cool: I was all over it until he started throwing out prices.:eek:

7. marantz10

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I decided to see how it looks for Chicago's show since they are a bigger city. I am astonished.

Their stadium is made up of 3 levels of bleachers: 100, 200, and 300, respectively. Their 300 level is incredibly far up. 300 level is the only section left for sale--for $75!!!! List prices were $125 for 200 level, up to $250 for 100 level, and supposedly $250 for floor but really at $250 it's a steal if you can sit close enough.

8. duff beer

duff beer

Dec 2, 2007
    Winnipeg
    Waters can barely sing live and has someone else do most of the bass duties. In addition, Gilmour, Wright, and Mason won't be there.

And people are paying $451 to see this??

9. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Roger can barely sing on record :p but that's part of the charm.

Who cares if he hires a "good" bass player? :p

I'd like to see him with Dave...don't really care about the the other two. I know, he trotted one of them out on his last (coincidentally, Dave trotted out the other one on his tour right around the same time).

Having said that, I'm a huge Waters fan and I saw his last 2/3 tours. Those prices sound kind of steep...I don't know that I'll see him this go around. :meh:

10. He's gonna be at Nassau Coliseum, like 10 minutes from my house, in October. I totally wanted to go but if they're gonna be that expensive I think I'm gonna pass. I'll just watch the DVD.

11. marantz10

Oct 21, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Two ways of looking at it:
    A) It's the wall; he probably won't do it again... :(
    B) True, no doubt there will be a DVD/Blu-Ray release that will look and maybe even sound better if you have a nice stereo.

IMO it's worth it, but YMMV...

12. csala

csala

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    I saw him play at the Hollywood Bowl about 2 years ago. I wouldn't pay $20 to see him live again.

13. here tix are sold out in minutes to some company while customers sit on hold......the price is jacked and tix are resold for hundreds.....the thing thats interesting is that ticketmaster refers you to the reseller while you are trying to buy from them in the first place.......seems they've found away around the anti scalping laws

i guess the anti scalping thing is redundant anyway.....if people think watching senior citizen floyd for 400 bux is worth it,let 'em

14. MusserMusic

MusserMusic

Mar 28, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Well you know Wright will definitely WON'T be there...he passed away a while back :atoz:
    It should still be a killer show...GREAT ALBUM
    I had the opportunity to see Pink Floyd '80 "The Wall" Tour in Long Beach USA....MEMORABLE!

15. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    Thats my feeling Exactly!!!!

16. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Holy Cow :eek:

I saw him years back at the Coors Ampitheater... Good show, but not great. The wall though...

I saw that tour - crappy tix at $45 a seat from a scalper in 1980... Inflation I guess.

17. It seems like every eight to ten years he trots out an oldies show of Floyd numbers. He always has a really good band. It's obviously a cash grab to fund his other projects but Floyd fans are loyal and will come out to see it. I'm sure it will be done very well, but The Wall? really, hasn't that been just beaten into the ground already?

18. It's the 30th anniversary of the Wall. That's why he's playing it.

19. dWilshireCourt

dWilshireCourt

Jan 25, 2008
    I bought my ticket for the Atlanta, GA show last night! I was sure I'd never have a chance to see him in my lifetime, so as far as I'm concerned, the tickets could have costed a leg and I'd have asked which one they wanted. Believe that!

20. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    If Richard Wright (RIP) would be there, well, that would be priceless!

X8