K&K bass max pickup users check this out.

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Flat Bass, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I got this pickup I trhink it is called the bass max. Fits in the wing. Well for about a year now it has been on the bass side of the bridge with a shim in there to hold it in place. Well I have always had trouble with bad tone and feedback with it? Well a couple of weeks ago I just decided to try it in the treble side of the bridge wing without a shim. OH my it is the best tone I have ever heard? Is it supposed to be on the treble side?
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Ahh, you must have one of the limited edition "Treble Max" pickups that went out of production a few years ago. I thought the PCC had collected them all and incinerated them after it was discovered that they tend to burst into flames during uptempo numbers (350bpm+) that last longer than 10 minutes. I had one, but never had any trouble with it because I tend to burst into flames way before the 10 minutes are up.

Seriously, the Bass Max ( I have 3 of 'em) can fit in either wing. Most folks put 'em in the Bass wing, but I've had better luck with the treble wing on one of my basses. I think it mostly depends on the fit. That pickup can be kind of fussy to fit correctly, but once you get it fit right, it's a workhorse. Having a preamp helps, too.
  3. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    My bassmax went quickly to the treble wing too with superior results when I tried mine out for the first time.

Easy enough to stick anywhere, to be honest... LOL
  4. oliebrice

Apr 7, 2003
    London, UK
    don't know why, but mine feedsback like mad when I try it on the treble side. The E string is definately louder than the G string how it is at the mo
  5. I also have a better sound when I put the bass max on the g-string side. The volume of the strings is more equilibrated. On the E-string side, I felt like i was loosing some of the G string.