Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

kai eckhardt question - smash maybe you can help

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by john turner, Apr 4, 2004.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    there's a steve smith/vital information album with kai eckhardt on it that i'm trying to find, but i don't know which one. there's a song that starts with a great slapping bass solo, i had it on tape about 13 years ago and i used to listen to it a lot, it was very influential on my approach to slap playing.

so, can any of you guys help me out? i mention smash because you were talking about mr. eckhardt in your hotwire thread, so i thought you might be a particular fan and would know this.

thanks.

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
  3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    well you can definitely count on it being out of print. its got to be one of the first 3 albums but i cant remember if hes on more than one of them. i buddy of mine has an early one on vinyl with kai eckhardt along with tim landers and a slew of other session guys. could have been global beat but im not sure. sorry i couldnt have been more help.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Got Fiafiaga(Eckhardt & Tim Landers on bass) & Global Beat(Tim Landers only) on cd.

Fiafiaga's title tune has Kai doing a nasty, nasty slap & pop bit after the initial chant stops.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks for the help and info, guys.

6. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Do you want the whole cd or just that song? The song was called Baba Luwaie I believe although I have mangled the spelling I'm sure. I have a copy of the song. PM me if interested.