1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kala California bass delays?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OmnitzGarima, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Hi.

Has anyone else experienced delivery delays from Kala? I order a bass on August 4, they said it would take 4-6 weeks to deliver, tomorrow it will be 9 weeks and still no bass. I contacted them on September 12, they told me that it would probably deliver the week of September 25. That was last week, I haven't heard anything since.

I'm on the verge of cancelling the order and calling Mastercard, but I'd rather have the bass.

I appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks,
    Jim

I originally said they estimated 6-8 weeks to delivery, it was actually 4-6.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  2. I cancelled the order today, and I got an email that a refund has been made. No explanation, no apology. But, as long as they made a refund I guess I don't have much reason to complain.

Jon Draffan likes this.
  3. It's a shame, especially since that is the flagship of their fleet and a fine one to have. They no longer make a bunch to sell through vendors and do only build per order. They could have at least kept you notified of delays and explained why.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    OmnitzGarima likes this.
  4. Yes, if they'd kept me in the loop, let me know what was going on, I might have been more patient. C'est la vie.

5. Jon Draffan

Jon Draffan Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2017
    I got really close to cancelling an order today for a California 5 string, but changed my mind when my brother made fun of me for being "spoiled by Amazon Prime". I have waited months for custom basses in the past, I decided to be more patient. I also saw a job posting for a Customer Service job at Kala in Petaluma posted in Oct. '17. I guess they're working through some personel shifts right now. For all I know, one of the luthiers is handling the phones.

In the meantime, does anyone have experience with the Californa 2016 Five Strings? I haven't been able to find much info. anywhere.