Keeping things to yourself?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I was wondering how many other people do this.

How many of you guys (and gals) on TB just let things go, even if sharing said details might help you at no cost to anyone else? Or rather, they might not so much help you, but would show an effort to help someone else understand your position.

Just a brief and vague example. A few months ago I did something *really* dumb. I waited until recently to rectify that grevious error. As far as my parents know, I never made any such recent effort. I've had plenty of opportunity to explain myself, but I just...haven't bothered.

I learned a while ago to let things go that I cannot change, but I think that aspect has bled a certain way into a kind of apathy towards my own concerns with my position with others. I honestly cannot recall the sheer number of times I have done this, including about 4 times last week (returning to school brings a lot of drama.)

EDIT: Added italisized text.
  2. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I let things go even if i can change it... sometimes its just not worth it...
  3. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    In some ways, that is akin to not worrying about what others thing. Not a bad thing.
  4. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    At work I continuously pick up other peoples slack. It gets to me at times however I have come to realize that it just won't change. I don't say anything about either. I just challenge myself with the certain situations and show that doing my own work and theirs was possible and in effect I guess somehow showing that they could have done it themselves in the first place....

I ramble...make sense? Relate??
  5. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I let things go quite often - it's just not worth stressing yourself over stuff! I'm a big believer in the truth, without fail... which gets me into trouble, but personally I'd rather get into trouble for a little bit, and have a clear concience than let it dig at me / someone find out I was lying, which is 10x worse.

I get stuff at work too - usually, even if something's not my fault, I accept responsility for it and move on... it's no detriment to me - and deep down people know this. I think people who are out to prove they're right, or not responsible all the time have problems... who cares what people think of you at the end of the day? Unless it's something really wrong, people just forget! And if you've done something really wrong, then it's your own fault ;P
  6. Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I was the same way until I decided to tell the person who's slack I was picking up. Rather then getting the person in trouble, I decided to walk up to him and tell him to get off his dead ass, and that I've been picking up his slack for 10 months now.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm not sure I understand the question. :confused:

Keep what inside, things you do wrong?

8. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I was going to post something, but I think I 'll let it slide
    for now ...
  9. It depends, when I'm really angry, I can't manage to shut up!
    When I don't care about the subject, I let it go, when somebody is not a good person to deal with I let it go too!
    My proudness is dictating what I do I think.....