1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Kevlar tailgut

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Waltjie, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Everyone's bass is different off course, and therefor recommending a change in setup isn't going to help everyone, off course... However, I'd just like to express my satisfaction with the kevlar tailgut I had ordered from Gollihur Music. I've had it on my bass now for about 2 weeks, and it has not only given my bass more volume, but the response is also quicker with less bow pressure require to active a string!

Thumbs up! ;)

2. gerry grable

gerry grable Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm glad it's working for you. I just ordered a ss cable from Jake de Villiers to replace my steel coat hanger.
    I can't wait to try it out.
    But...
    You don't want to rush these things :D

3. I need to resurrect this old thread. I am glad no one was hurt this morning when my wire hanger snapped, bridge went flying, tailpiece dropped, strings were just hanging there, etc.. My wife and I got another hanger and rigged a tail wire for the instrument as a temporary fix. I am looking at the kevlar tailgut from Bob G. How is the kevlar working for you now that it has been on for a few months?

4. MaxJohnson

MaxJohnson

Jan 29, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Buy it from Mike Pecanic, and while you're at it, get one of his amazing tailpieces! He doesn't sponsor me in anyway, but he makes great products and the tailpiece/tailgut can change the sound and feel of your instrument, and he is a master.

5. Sorry I only see this now...

Kevlar works just great. Hasn't stretched since the day I put it on, and I couldn't be happier.

6. Thanks for the reply. I ha to go ahead and order one for myself, and as you say - couldn't be happier.