1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Killswitch pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garrett-777, May 12, 2011.

1. garrett-777

garrett-777

Oct 25, 2009
    Know any online stores/companies that sell good, true bypass kill switch pedals!?

2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I don't think I've ever seen a killswitch in pedal form before, because most people just build them into their basses/guitars or use a volume pedal.

If you've got $10 and basic solder skills, you could put one together in about 10 minutes.

3. :confused::confused::confused:????

not sure what you mean by that.

Build one yourself. Less then $10 and impossible to screw up. Small box, two mono 1/4" jacks, SPDT footswitch.

Use a metal box so it's already grounded. Wire one lug (tip) of the input jack to the center of the SPDT. Wire one pole of that to the tip lug of the output jack, wire the other pole to nowhere. (or to ground, i.e. the side of the box). Use a momentary switch if you want a stutter pedal.

4. Broken record time!

If you don't want to build it yourself, a looper (preferably a parallel on) will kill all signals when off. If you have a tuner before, it wont let that get through. Do you want a kill switch, or the same thing that does more for fairly cheap?

5. garrett-777

garrett-777

Oct 25, 2009
    Where would I get a metal box and momentary switch?
    At a hardware store?