1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Kings X

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Apr 20, 2006.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

2. I love Kings X!!!
    I got a chance to open for them on April 5th here in tallaboogie and it was spectacular!
    Dug is a awsome guy to talk to,...for a matter of fact so was Ty.....

3. They are super nice guys, and a very overlooked, underappreciated band. I was in a band that opened for them waaay back in the day on the Dogman tour. They were super friendly to us, very down to earth; Doug even watched our set! They are one of my all time favs so I was a little freaked out before the show but everyone in the band was so cool that I forgot about all the stress and just had a good time - it was one of the best gigs I ever played!

4. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Love this CD!!! And they have it here @ the PX here in Balad AB, Iraq!!!!! I have opened a few folks up to these guys. Spread the word...

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    One of the greatest rock bands ever.

6. PhR

PhR

Dec 13, 2005
    Finland
  7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    it rawks...

8. I remember reading something a few months ago that said he was 60 this year and that it coincided with the King's X 25th anniversary, but I sure can't remember where I read it and looking for it I have come across several place that put him at 55. Either way, he's still an inspiration!

9. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Kings X fan for years, thanks for the post.

10. Paddy

Paddy

Apr 19, 2005
    Kent England
    Sorry for being a party pooper in this love fest. :bag:

Saw Kings X once when they supported AC/DC (IIRC) in 91 at Wembley Arena. They died a horrible death.

I remember distinctly them ending one song to silence, Doug asked "Is anyone there?" to which there was little or no response. Got to be a bands worst nightmare.

Bit of a shame as they weren't that bad, the crowd just didn't get them that night.

My mate and I went to the bar.

11. PhR

PhR

Dec 13, 2005
    Finland
    I saw them on the AC/DC tour. The sound was quite a mess and most of the crowd didn't warm up to them but it wasn't King's X's fault. I remember Doug's mad spinning on "Moanjam".

12. I didn't know that they have been around that long and that they are that old. Cool non the less.

lowsound

13. I have seen a lot of excellent arists open for others and get no / bad / bizarre response from the crowd. Here are some of my favorites:

Dream Theater opens for Winger.
    Jeff Buckley opens for Julianna Hatfield.
    Rage Against the Machine opens for House of Pain.

Incidentially, I saw King's X open for Dream Theater / Joe Satriani and there wasn't much support for them. Was sad. But most people were there for the shred festival, and while King's X is a solid live band, they are not that kind of band. You have to feel for any band in that situation.

14. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Jimmy Hendrix opened for the Monkey's and gave thousands of teenage screaming white girls the shock of their life!:D

15. I would have killed to be there, that was one of jimi's first big shows. It was susposed to have been quite the good show.

lowsound