Koodo Mobile

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rarbass, Aug 20, 2009.

1. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    In an effort to save myself the stress of worrying about how to get out of an iPhone data plan, and due to other expenses that might come my way in the next little bit, I've decided NOT to go with an iPhone yet. (key word being "yet" as I fully intend to get one eventually)

I would still go with Fido, but I'd either have to be locked into a contract for 2 years and pay $65 for a phone, or NOT lock into a contract but pay full price for a phone. This full price would end up being $200 and for that I may as well just go get the iPhone. Plus, I don't even like the only phone with a QWERTY keyboard that Fido has.

SO! I am toying with the idea of going with Koodo Mobile. They have NO term contract, which means I can get out at any time without a cancellation fee, and they offer almost everything else that Fido offers as far as I've checked (plus picture messaging is included with unlimited texting, whereas with Fido this is not true)

They have a "tab" policy, where 10% of your monthly bill (note this is not added to your bill, but taken out of the cost that you are already paying) and used to pay off your phone.
    So I'd get the Samsung Slyde which retail is $175 but due to the tab, I'd only pay $25 up front and then 10% of my monthly bill will go towards that until it's paid off. If I decide to get out of this deal before the phone is paid, I simply pay the rest of the phone. In any case, still cheaper than Fido's $400(?) cancellation fee.

There it all is.

So basically, my question is: Does anyone have a phone with Koodo Mobile? If so, how is their service? How do they treat you? How has your experience been?

I know I've been posting a lot of threads lately asking about different things like first the iPhone, then a laptop, and now this, but let's just say I've seen some good advice shared on TB (bass-related or not) so I'm asking for help once again!
    :help:

2. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I am with koodo.
    I also wanted an Iphone. Bit didn't really need the 3g. Could be handy sometimes, but I don't really need it.
    So I bought a cheap phone (Koodo) and an Ipod touch. Good thing because my wife use the phone all the times to text our daughter!
    I like Koodo so far, one of my daughter own the samsung slide and she likes it.

The only thing I can tell you about them if you need to make any changes to your contract (more minutes or less or things like that) You need to go to the store. If you do it by phone they charge the minutes you are talking to them + another 10$ to make the changes. At the store it's free.

3. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    ok good to know. i don't know what it is about the phone with them lol if you sign up over the phone there's an activation fee, if you go to the store there isn't...odd.

But thanks a lot, this helps! I think I'll go tonight to get the Samsung Slyde as a matter of fact lol

4. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    I got my phone, and it's been great so far. The service is decent and from what I know of their charges, it's a great deal! But we'll see what happens come the first bill.

5. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    you should be fine,
    I didn't get any supprise on my first bill.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 21, 2021