Korn Bass Tutorial

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline_Delux, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That pretty much it. The only thing is, his computer mic isn't cutting it for capturing lows.

And he didn't randomly hit his bass
  2. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Well,......at least you could here the "bass".
  3. Fieldy called:

He said this kid has real talent
  4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    That was worthless, that didn't even teach you anything.
  5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Sad part is, he doesn't slap and he doesn't sound like Fieldy.
  6. Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    Dudes, that viedo was whack. :mad: :spit:
  7. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    mmmmm, mid at 0 = non existance in the mix, as the guitar players i can 99% asure you also use 10 bass 0 mid 10 treble, its the 'cliche' metal settings. That video has taught me a lot about tone, I need to think more about how to make my bass sound like I have just had a bad curry. Ill keep it in mind........:meh:
  8. Sadly, there was about as much educational value in that clip as you get on most REAL instructional videos.:meh:
  9. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Didn't this kid realize he was going to blow out his speaker?
  10. BassNoob?

Sep 18, 2005
    Redding, CT
    He actually posted his video here a while back. He got flamed and hasn't made a post since.
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    THIS IS HONESTLY HOW YOU SOUND LIKE FIELDY!! I swear this vid is beneficial to people who want to sound like Fieldy, which is a surprising number of people.

The reason it sounds a bit off is because he is recording with his webcam and it's unable to handle the bass frequencies, if you were in the room OR he did a decent recording OR you did it yourself (but why would you?) It does sound Fieldian.
  12. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    To be totally honest, Fieldy's sound is more felt than heard. It sounded to me that this kid's amp couldn't handle the low frequencies, and thus the farting noises. Kinda like playing through a Gorilla amp with a 6'er.
  13. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    want to sound like fieldy?

get a box of tic-tacs, attach them to your headstock. and play away(might need to mic up the tic tacs when your doing big shows.)
  14. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
  15. geez...he couldn't even shell out the thirty bucks to get rid of that text on screen...

16. I couldn't agree more.

As soon as I heard it, I though "Wow, this kid has Fieldy's tone pegged" .....and just think, it's so easy to get too!:rolleyes: