1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Kriegel w/ Removable neck + C extension

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Mgaisbacher, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Mgaisbacher

Mgaisbacher Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    Price:
    Strings:
    Bass by Jed Kriegel, finished in 2019. This is an exceptional instrument with all the additions you could ever want.

Removable/Adjustable neck, no need for bridge adjusters!

Carbon fiber fully tunable C extension

Tuning gears designed and machined by Jed

Carbon endpin

Pernambuco position dots

Bridge with a slot that either has a “spacer” to make it a solid bridge or room for a Realist lifeline.

41in string length
    Ribs are about 9 inches deep from tailpiece to the midd upper bout where they taper to about 7.5 at the heel
    Upper bout: 19 3/8th in
    Lower bout: 25.5in

Comes with a custom dark grey Messina bag made for the bass and a realist lifeline pickup.

Here’s a thread with Ed Fuqua’s bass, Basically the same bass.... mine doesn't have a lion's head but it does have a C extension!

The bass and I currently live in Nashville but I travel a fair amount and would be willing to travel a reasonable distance to those with serious interest.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Augusta GA
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    And if anybody is close to Augusta GA or Columbia SC and wants to check out my bass as a preview, just shoot me a message and we'll hook it up! Jed does a great job, my bass gets the biggest sound with the least amount of effort than any bass I've ever played.

ProspectBass and Mgaisbacher like this.
  3. anightintunisia

anightintunisia Supporting Member

I can attest, hearing Mike play this bass before, that it's a killer sounding instrument!

4. ProspectBass

ProspectBass

Jan 19, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    I’ve got some Jed basses and can also say how wonderful they are to play day in and out. My basses have never sounded and played better than after Jed set them up and did work on them. If you are looking for an instrument that will make you a better musician this is definitely worth looking at.

Mgaisbacher likes this.
  5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Augusta GA
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Oh, and just if you haven't seen it disassembled for flying, here ya go...
    76192603_10217300984775649_4488758415123808256_n.jpg

Mgaisbacher likes this.
  6. LaFaro01

LaFaro01

Aug 27, 2018
    Just a real beauty...:hyper:

7. Mgaisbacher

Oct 18, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    Added a couple more pictures to show off the back and neck wood. Once there’s a nice day outside I’ll try to get some pictures in better lighting.

also thanks for that picture Ed! I actually fly with mine inside the Messina case in the David Gage removable neck case. I could also include an old lightweight mooradian with this bass (it sheds foam in full disclosure)

8. Mgaisbacher

Oct 18, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    Added a few more pictures with the bass outside, finally a nice day here to be able to do that!

9. LaFaro01

LaFaro01

Aug 27, 2018
    still a beauty ;)